Safe, scientifically tested, and ISO approved
STERIChrome™ drastically improves both the physical appearance and performance of your product. This proprietary process for hard chrome plating is an industry-leading application for durable, antimicrobial, wear-resistant and corrosion-proof device coatings. STERIChrome™ is a highly customizable, ISO-approved precision coating used for endoscopic instruments, powered hand instruments, orthopedic instruments, reamers, drills, bone saws, valves and dental hand instruments among many others.
STERIChrome™ specs include:
- Surface Hardness: 72-80+ HRC
- Thickness Range: 0.000050"-0.002"
- Thickness Control: 0.0001"
- ISO 13485 approved and Biocompatibility Certified to ISO 10993
- Reflective & Matte finishes available
- Reduces bacterial adherence allowing for easy cleaning and decontamination
- Improves instrument wear and abrasion resistance to eliminate galling and fretting
- Prevents corrosion resulting from sterile processing and laser marking operations
- Repellent against blood, urine, saliva and other bio-fluids
- Reduced risk of contamination and patient infection
- Increased self-cleaning and antifouling properties
- Long lasting finish and durability
- Scientifically proven to exceed the ISO 10993 standard requirements for cytotoxicity, hypersensitivity, intracutaneous reactivity and systemic toxicity
- Works exceptionally well when applied over welded areas and other irregularities that are vulnerable to contamination
- Custom automation and plating fixtures made in-house
- Ability to control thickness variation and hold tight tolerances
- Selective plating applications - masking specialists
- Ability to plate various substrates - Aluminum, Stainless, Steel, Brass, Bronze, Copper and many more.