Electroless Nickel Plating
The ultimate hardness, uniform coverage and corrosion protection
Electroless Nickel is specified when a uniform, hard and highly corrosion resistant coating is required. The Electroless Nickel coating process provides a metal coating through an autocatalytic chemical reaction as opposed to standard electrical deposition techniques. This makes problems normally associated with electroplating (uneven thickness, coverage in hard-to-reach areas, buildup etc.) no longer an issue. Electroless Nickel will guarantee your parts receive 100% plating coverage with uniform coating distribution. Standard applications include needle hubs, valves, air stems and other products which are of difficult geometry or are exposed to aggressive wear & hostile environments.
Electroless Nickel plating from Greystone Medical:
- Rack and barrel precision plating
- Surface Hardness: 550-750+HV
- Thickness Range: 0.000050"-0.004"
- Uniform Thickness Distribution.
- ISO 13485 approved
- High, Mid and Low phosphorus available
Now, you can take advantage of all of the benefits of electroless nickel plating and overlay it with STERIChrome™ for a bright, mirror-like and biocompatible finish.
Combine STERIChrome™ with Electroless Nickel Plating for:
- Strength: 72-80+HRC surface hardness significantly improves instrument wear and abrasion resistance to eliminate galling and fretting
- Resilience: Maximizes blade integrity to maintain cutting edges throughout operations
- Protection: Prevents corrosion as a result of sterile processing and laser marking
- Zero debris: Arrests metallic debris and particulate matter during operation
- Reduced glare: satin platinum finish gives instruments that long-lasting platinum and chrome color and reduces high intensity light reflection.